Family Resource Centers
WHO IT’S FOR:
- Families with young children (birth to age 5)
WHY IT MATTERS:
Parents are a child’s first and best teachers. With helpful tools, information and services, families can support their child’s health, development and learning. Finding services and support in one location makes things easier.
WHAT IT IS:
Family resource centers are community hubs that offer a wide range of programs and services in one convenient, friendly place. They may be located in a variety of community locations such as schools, churches or hospitals, but no matter the location, family resource centers are available to support you and your family with:
- Classes and workshops on positive parenting, child development, literacy, health and safety, and more
- Family activities like story times, play groups, art and literacy programs
- Referrals to other services like health care, housing resources, food assistance and more
Programs and services are available at no cost to families.
If you or someone you know is interested in finding a Family Resource Center, use the Find Programs tool below to find a location near you.
LOOK FOR SIMILAR PROGRAMS IN:
- Parenting Education
- Family Support for Children with Developmental Concerns
- Nutrition & Physical Activity
- Birth to Five Helpline