Family Resource Centers
WHO IT’S FOR:
- Families with young children (birth to age 5)
WHY IT MATTERS:
Parents are a child’s first and best teachers. With helpful tools, information and services, families can support their child’s health, development and learning. And finding all this kind of support in one location makes things easier.
WHAT IT IS:
Family resource centers are community hubs for a wide range of programs and services in one convenient, friendly place. They may be located in a school, church or hospital, but no matter the location, family resource centers are available to support you and your family with:
- Classes and workshops on positive parenting, child development, literacy, health and safety, and more
- Family activities like story times, play groups, art and literacy programs
- Referrals to other services like health care, housing resources, food assistance and more
Programs and services are available at no cost or low cost. You can bring your children with you, as child care is often provided while you take classes or get help from the knowledgeable and welcoming staff.
First Things First supports more than 30 family resource centers in Maricopa County and three in Santa Cruz County.
Contact a family resource center near you to find out the days and times they’re open, their schedule of activities and available services.
LOOK FOR SIMILAR PROGRAMS IN:
- Family Activities
- Parenting Education
- Supporting Children with Special Needs
- Food Assistance
- Nutrition & Physical Activity
- Birth to Five Helpline