WHO IT’S FOR:
- Families with young children (birth to age 5)
WHY IT MATTERS:
On top of the day-to-day challenges of raising young children, many families have a hard time navigating the health care system — scheduling medical appointments, dealing with insurance, and knowing what services are available to help your child be healthy, growing and learning.
WHAT IT IS:
Well-child care programs supported by First Things First help families with young children get the help they need. You’ll get 1-on-1 help from trained professionals — registered nurses, case managers, child development specialists, social workers, etc. — to answer your questions and arrange services for your child and your family. You’ll get help with things like:
- Coordinating medical appointments with doctors, nurses and specialists
- Developmental and sensory screenings for your child
- Help with caring for your newborn, breastfeeding, and how you can support your child’s healthy development
- Parent support groups, home visiting and parenting programs
- Enrolling in AHCCC, KidsCare and other services you’re eligible for
- Getting dental care
- Child care options
- Referrals to other community resources
Contact the program near you to learn more and find out if your family is eligible.
Families anywhere in Arizona can contact the Birth to Five Helpline for help connecting with programs and services for your young child.
LOOK FOR SIMILAR PROGRAMS IN:
- Developmental & Sensory Screenings
- Supporting Children with Special Needs
- Home Visiting
- Family Resource Centers
- Birth to Five Helpline