Developmental and Sensory Screening
WHO IT’S FOR:
- All families with young children (birth to age 5)
- Families with specific concerns about their child’s development, including:
- Physical development
- Social-emotional development
WHY IT MATTERS:
All children grow and develop differently, but the earlier the better when it comes to identifying developmental delays or disabilities. Screenings can help spot potential issues that might affect their development and get children the extra help they may need. And that can make a big difference for a child and their family.
WHAT IT IS:
A variety of free screenings for young children are available in many FTF regions across Arizona:
- Have your child’s vision or hearing checked (sensory screenings).
- See how your child is progressing with developmental milestones and any concerns you may have (developmental screenings).
- If needed, get a referral for further evaluation or additional support.
- Learn how you can work with your child at home.
Screenings are done by trained professionals, and they’re quick and easy. For example, your child may be asked to perform a skill, like stacking blocks or drawing something.
Contact the developmental & sensory screening programs available in your area for more information. Developmental screenings are also provided through home visiting programs and well-child care.
LOOK FOR SIMILAR PROGRAMS IN:
- Well-Child Care
- Supporting Children with Special Needs
- Home Visiting