Supporting Children with Special Needs
WHO IT’S FOR:
- Families with young children (birth to age 5) with mild-to-moderate developmental concerns
- Children birth to age 3 who do not qualify for services through the AzEIP
- Children ages 3 to 5 who do not quality for preschool special education services provided by public school districts
WHY IT MATTERS:
Some children with developmental delays may not qualify for state services, but their families can still benefit from information and support to help their child learn and grow and reduce family stress.
WHAT IT IS:
Get 1-on-1 support and coaching from a trained specialist to help you and your family:
- Identify and address developmental concerns early
- Promote your child’s physical, social and emotional development
- Improve family communication and daily living
- Learn effective, positive parenting skills and ways to respond to challenging behaviors
- Access health care and other community services
- Connect with other families
- Answer your questions and give you emotional support and encouragement
Contact the programs available near you to learn more and find out if your family is eligible.
Families anywhere in Arizona can contact the Birth to Five Helpline for help with finding developmental screenings and support services for children with special needs.
Tell your child’s doctor or nurse if you have any concerns about your child’s development. Visit FTF’s Ages and Stages for more about what to look for at each stage of your child’s development.
LOOK FOR SIMILAR PROGRAMS IN:
- Developmental & Sensory Screenings
- Well-Child Care
- Home Visiting
- Birth to Five Helpline