Principles of Engagement
As the FTF community of Board, staff, Council members, and volunteers, we represent and advocate for all children of Arizona and have a fundamental commitment to the future generations of Arizona. To that end we commit to a standard of excellence in our own behavior founded in trust, respect, integrity, teamwork, camaraderie, loyalty, interdependence, and mutuality.
Principles (Code of Conduct)
As a leader of FTF, I understand…
- When making decisions, I/we always place the interest of Arizona families and children first.
- I/we practice transparency and open dialogue in all dealings with fellow Board members, volunteers, and/or staff.
- I/we respect each other’s opinions.
- I/we practice inquiry, courtesy, listening, candor, and constructive debate with fellow Board members, volunteers, and/or staff.
- I/we abide by and support the collective decision(s) of the Board.
- All members have access to the same information.
- I/we prevent and avoid marginalizing any member.
- I/we are dependable and accountable in respect to attendance, preparation, and engagement.
- I/we invest the time necessary to be an effective Board member.
- I/we are culturally responsive in all of our dealings.
- When deemed appropriate and not a violation of Arizona law, I/we maintain confidentiality in non-public matters.
- I/we commit to a Board/staff relationship which supports an interactive process for constructive decision-making.
Adopted September 24, 2008
Revised April 3, 2012
Revised December 5, 2017