Population of young children (under age 6)
Percentage of young children living in poverty
The East Maricopa Region lies entirely within Maricopa County and spans urban communities to the east of Phoenix as well as less densely populated, suburban and rural communities reaching towards the edges of the Maricopa County boundary. This diverse, expansive region includes: three cities — Chandler, Scottsdale and Tempe; five towns — Carefree, Cave Creek, Fountain Hills, Guadalupe and Paradise Valley; three unincorporated places — Goldfield Ranch, Rio Verde and Sun Lakes; two Phoenix neighborhoods — Ahwatukee and Paradise Valley Village; and one Indian reservation — the Fort McDowell Yavapai Nation.
The East Maricopa Regional Partnership Council makes strategic investments to support the healthy development and learning of the young children in the region. The council’s priorities include:
- Improving the quality of child care and preschool programs
- Scholarships for children to access high-quality early learning
- Strengthening families through parenting education, voluntary home visiting and family resource centers.
- Oral health screenings and fluoride varnishes
- Supporting access to healthcare for children
Learn more about what we fund.
Download Funding PDF
First Things First Staff
Normalicia Blanco is East Maricopa’s 2018 Champion for Young ChildrenNormalicia Blanco has been selected as the 2018 East Maricopa First Things First Champion for Young Children.The award is given to local champions who actively…